Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
Title: Recreational Therapist. Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Locations: Fort Wayne, Indiana and/or Indianapolis, Indiana and their surrounding counties
Status: Part Time and Full Time
Salary: Hiring at competitive wages. Wages are based on experience and education level.
Population: Developmental Disabilities, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down's Syndrome, Dual Diagnosis, Physical Impairments, Hearing Impairments, Speech Impaired.
Therapy Setting: Home and Community
Pure Abilities, LLC is a certified Medicaid waiver provider in the state of Indiana. Pure Abilities provides recreational therapy services to individuals with disabilities. We are client focused with a 1-on-1 therapeutic approach offering premium therapy services through the use of many recreational intervention techniques used to fit each client’s lifestyle. Pure Abilities is looking for creative, passionate and hardworking therapists helping to make a positive impact in our client’s lives.
You will be listed as a contractor receiving clients through the Medicaid Waiver System. Recreational Therapists can provide individual and group recreational therapy services in the client’s home or local facilities. Therapist must have reliable transportation and willing to drive to and from clients. Therapists are encouraged to take their clients to local community interests for therapy sessions which include but are not limited to local gyms, parks, sporting events, concerts, malls, bowling, swimming pools and much more. Therapists are able to maintain their own schedules to meet their specific needs. You will have a chance to build a caseload that works around that schedule. As a contracted therapist, you will have full autonomy on therapeutic interventions and techniques used to work towards completing individual goals and objectives. Responsibilities listed below:
• Working independently managing your own caseload.
• You will be required to assess each client’s needs using a standardized recreational therapy assessment and developing treatment plans.
• Track client’s goals and objectives to help prepare quarterly reports indicative of progress or regression.
• Planning and providing appropriate recreational therapy activities and interventions.
• Completing progress notes, due by the end of each month.
• Attending quarterly meetings to report therapy progress with team members.
• A bachelor or master degree in recreational therapy.
• Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
• CPR/First Aid Experience
• Recent graduates welcomed!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com or contact the owner, Ethan Pickett, at (330) 441-2258.
Pure Abilities, LLC would like to thank all applicants and look forward to working with you!
Pure Abilities, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.